Security/Fire Protection Fact Sheet
Santa Lucia Preserve (SLP) / Monterey County Regional Fire (MCRFD)
SLP lies within the MCRFD and has an ISO Rating of 3.
Security Staffing/ Hours of Operation
Security response 24 hours / 7 days per week. Director of Security and one Security Patrol
Officer/EMT reside on property (on-call 24 hrs. / 7 days per week).
Fire/Medical Response Personnel
A Paramedic/Firfighter is assigned to the Preserve from 9 am – 5 pm daily / 7 days per week. Three trained firefighters serve in rotations from 5 pm – 9 am / 7 days per week. Support and training provided by MCRFD. Four SLP employees reside on property and serve as First Responders for fire and medical emergencies.
Fire/Rescue Equipment List
- Type 1 Structure Engine – 750 gallons, 1250-gpm pump
- 2 - Type 3 Wildland Engine – 650 gallons, 500 gpm pump
- D5 Dozer (owned and operated by SLP)
- Enforcer portable foam system(s) in patrol/operations vehicles
The location of the primary fire station is at the New Corporation yard, 121 Rancho San Carlos
Road, Carmel, CA. The second fire station is located in the Gatehouse Parking Area – 1 Rancho San
Carlos Road. These locations are strategically located within 5 miles of any given residence and
response time is under fifteen minutes. MCRF mid-valley station is less than 5 minutes response
time to our front gate.
Each lot has accessibility to a fire hydrant located within 1000 ft. of the primary residence. Fire
flow is provided at a minimum of 500 gallons per minute.
In order to ensure adequate fire protection, all buildings designed for human occupancy, and
structures larger than 500 square feet, including garages, must be equipped with residential fire
sprinkler systems conforming to NFPA 13-D and be equipped with an automatic fire alarm system
connected to a 24 –hour monitoring service.
Residential Fire Clearing
In cooperation with the MCRFD and the Santa Lucia Conservancy (SLC), SLP would propose the
following when fire clearing is necessary:
- Preliminary meeting on site between SLC, SLP, Homeowner, Insurance representatives and MCRFD
- Adherence to Lot Specific Fuel Management Plan
- Annual inspection conducted by MCRFD
- Michael Urquides – Fire Chief, MCRFD (831) 455-1828 or (redacted)
- Forrest Arthur – General Manager, SLCSD (831) 620-6791 or (redacted)
- Christy Fischer – Director, SLC (831) 626-8595 or (redacted)